Monday 25 July 2016

Let It Burn

Going away from you was the best thing that ever happened to me. Why you may ask? I never realised I would need you, so much like I do now.
Well it might be all kind of strange to read now after so many years. But being away from you had taught a lot to me. I always soared high when we were together because I was too enveloped in your love. I was never able to see that there is a ground and now I can actually taste the dirt and sweat.
I would have to work hard and do a lot more. It wasn’t just your arms around me that protected me but a lot more hardships to face.
Sometimes when I wake up I feel that you would still be around me. You would be here next to me to make each day rosy again. I am not here to do anything drastic but sometimes I feel an urge to be held again. And when I hug my pillow all I feel is a fresh stream of tears again.
Let it burn let it burn!!

But there is nothing more I want in my life to be back, to be where we left. Be back in your loving arms, where I can soar again carefree… you kept me grounded yet let me fly... I am a bird and you are my anchor...

1 comment: