Saturday 4 January 2020

Find myself

“When we get married and we grow a bit older we kind of loose ourselves” this kind of thought crosses our mind quite often when our relationships become stagnant. Every day we continue to just be, a mere existence. We forget our special character- that character just describes us perfectly. We cease to live and merely exist.
We let people tread all over us and are taken for granted. We forget that before we came to this place we were someone and not a nobody. Have you ever wondered if you went away, would any one miss you? Your husband or even your kids! They are so self absorbed that your existence is as the word itself-‘exist’. Where do you go from here?
We have all made our lives revolve around our family and our own life is just a mere mirror of what our family expects and needs. We stop laughing or dancing or just being ourselves. it happens to the best of us.
Remember when we were younger we all had a plan. I am sure that most of us are able to fulfill our dreams but for someone like me, my aspirations now focus only on my family. “we are family” and yet if we lose ourselves in order to bring the family together, but each and every individual makes the family whole and yet we tend to lose ourselves in it.
Why do we let ourselves get this weak that we let go of our beautiful minds and our body. Isn’t it time to take control of it all? Cease to exist and live once again? After all it is ‘me’ first! If I am well physically and mentally then only I can take care of my family and their needs. I need to develop my own uniqueness, let me not forget who I was to be who I am. Be my own adjective rather than be categorized in an adjective of someone else’s choosing.
So go out and explore your own limits and many possibilities. Don’t be afraid to find yourself again. Your life is not over, not by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment