Saturday 4 January 2020

Our Paths may cross again

I loved him even before we became friends. There was something enticing about him. May be the way he looked at me or just the way he made me feel like a little girl inside and a woman outside. I was madly in love with him.
Love is a foolish game. It lifts you up and drops you dead, but who knew when all you could do was croon his name. I was far away from reality and with every breath I wished I could spend it with him. All I worried about was what were we going to do tomorrow when we meet. Love struck I even forgot that college is going to be over soon and he still had to finish his masters
I came back home and this affair continued and we got even more close. We did meet each other’s parents and were instantly rejected. I was working and he was still studying, how can we get married? And thus our love story ended.
A couple of years later after much resistance I got married and my life started on a new lease. I was happy and living my new life when one day I got a message “I love you and I miss you”. I was shattered yet I tried to forget him .I was already trying to cope with my new life, new responsibilities and this whole matter was put in a corner.
New home, new city, it was all very challenging and with a kid it was quite endearing. But I always liked a challenge. My life was smooth with its normal hiccups. One day I saw him again. Staring at me with his enchanting eyes and that grin that made my heart skip a beat. All those feelings came crashing by. The pain I felt when we parted, the joy of seeing him again. I was speechless; I knew not what to say.
It was strange when our paths crossed like this, all those feelings rush to your mind and you know it that you couldn’t be with him anymore.
I wanted to say so much yet I could not, but I don’t wish to waste another moment, when I wrote this and I hope you read it someday.
Who do you think you are? I let you in and gave you my heart, showed you things and told you my secrets. Took your hand and made you stronger. Taught you things and made you who you are. Gave you love and asked for your lifelong togetherness. Yet all I got was pain and some lies. And a scream of broken dreams inside. I still dream of you when I am in pain but beware you mean nothing to me but a fragment of my past.
So go on and be happy with your life but you have got no right to meddle with mine. I wish I would have never met you and would have been stronger. But I could not say these things to you because you are just a stranger from my past crossing my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment